HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage 250-3000 deer question...
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 04:08 AM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Meant neck, and you know I meant case neck sheesh. I'm old and type one thing and mean another. You will be too one day ya pup!

As far as the differences between the creed and the 250 savage case, there is very little differences between the 2 and full forming is easy as can be. Built more than 2000 rounds using it so I kinda know a little bit about it. With the 22-250 case you come out anywhere from 3-5 thousandths shorter which isn't a whole heck of a lot but if you do run a hot loading your will have much more tendency to have a stuck case in the chamber. That's what led me to the creed case. Although, sizing a 22-250 case can be done easier using the old media fire forming technique (powder,cream of wheat,fiber wad on top) then annealing the case NECK (hush pup ) after fire forming. Either or. But you can load full power loads with the creed. Not so much with the 22-250 brass. Annealing can be tricky to some RR as I'm sure you well know. Many tend to over do it and end up with split necks.
I suspected you knew better, I also know there are those who don't, that is why I mentioned it, split necks come from under annealing, over doing it results is loss of neck tension, just don't want anyone weakening the case webs through a misunderstanding and facing the possibility of a ruptured case.
RR