HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - question for all members
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 03:40 AM
Champlain Islander
Dominant Buck

Like you said SH 54 it is your opinion. We all have them and that is what separates us all and make us individuals. There are always boundaries that separate what any of us determine to be Ok and not. To a trad hunter a 30 yd shot might be stretching it but a 350 fps modern compound in the hands of an experienced archer it is a slam dunk. The animal moving or jumping the string after the shot is more of an issue with slow bows than the new X-fast ones and distance compounds the problem. I am a still hunter and spend most of the day on my feet working swamps and thicker areas hoping to see a deer before they see me. Just the way I learned to hunt the great north woods of New England. Some people around here have taken the mid west method of building elevated shooting shacks over food plots. They have heat with sliding windows and certainly take the stealth and scent issue off the table. Not my preferred way to hunt but since it is legal I consider it ethical for those who choose to hunt that way. My own opinion is that isn't for me and that goes to show there are many ways to peel the onion. That being said it would be wrong for me to attack, insult or diminish others who choose to legally hunt in a way I don't follow. We all have a right to voice our opinion but there is a line where that crosses over to flaming. The topic of long range shooting is certainly controversial and has in the past resulted in threads going south. Lets all work to keep it within the rules.