HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What scope power do you use
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 03:54 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
Good point. At my age a heart beat is a good thing.
Ya sure aint whistling dixie there CI!

Originally Posted by rockport
No it doesn't. Do you think the scope quits moving when your heart beats just because you turn it down?

Out of sight out of mind I guess...but its still happening just the same.
While yes it is still doing it at lower power, you can't see it doing it therefore it doesn't effect your shot placement. You aren't going to be shooting 700+ yards with your scope set on 8 power usually anyway. I do with silhouette and my 16 inch gong at times but if I am settling in to a long range session I have my scopes cranked up to 16 or 18 whichever rifle I am using. At those magnifications any vibration whatsoever is highly visible. But you were correct in the "out of sight out of mind" theory as that is pretty much how it is. I don't have any extreme power scopes that have the etched crosshairs but I have heard that they aren't affected AS MUCH as typical stadia line crosshairs. I don't get into sending long range much anymore. Just getting too old and while it's still fun I get a little too miserable when I can't perform as well as I did 10 years ago. Forewarning Rocko, gettin old sucks!!!!