HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team pass thru - 3 time champions
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Mottz
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, you in for a crazy story?? Yesterday was the opener for rifle so I carried the 30.06 for the long shots and bow into the stand. First light I had a really nice 4x4 sneak in on me. I had the bow in hand and he got to about 10 yards of me but the only open window he gave me was a straight on shot. I hoped he would come more forward but he sniffed a little and turned around and walked back the way he came. Hearing tons of shooting close and me not seeing a thing I figured my day was going to go to hell quick. I sat and sat and then about 9:50(I did look at my watch out of curiosity) with the wind blowing a really good direction, I decided to light up a cigarette. Don't criticize me just yet. Got into about 2 puffs of it when I hear footsteps. Turn around and a doe is 20 yards away looking behind her. I can see a rack running wild in the trees. I spit in my glove and put my smoke out, grabbed the bow and let her walk by. He come tromping in and I put the rage to him. Tried to let the heart slow down a tad but I turned and seen the doe standing broadside 15 yards from me. I hung the bow up, grabbed the rifle, did a quick swing and boom! Thought to myself, that was awesome! But it gets better. I go to hang the rifle up and here comes another doe walking in so I nocked up another arrow. She hung in the cover for a little bit and made her way out and she took another rage. In the matter of 5 minutes I had 3 permits filled. Messed up by not waiting for a buck on my rifle but this will always be a cool hunt to remember!!! And so my deer seasons are over!

Doe-25 points
Buck ( I used boone calc from rifle contest rules)

tip to tip 11 1/4
greatest spread- 16 5/8
inside spread- 14 3/4

G1 3 5/8 3 3/4
G2 7 1/2 6
G3 5 1/2 4 7/8

Main Beam 17 16 7/8

Circumference
3 7/8 3 5/8
3 5/8 3 3/8
3 3
2 1/2 2 1/2