HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 4- Locked & Knocked
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 04:05 PM
ManofTheFall
Nontypical Buck

Today was a pretty good day even though I didn't get to sling any arrows. In the morning I had a 150"-160" about 45 yards away but I didn't have a shot. My son saw 2 smallish bucks nudging a couple does. This evening I watched a 130" trail a doe on the hill behind me. Then 2 small bucks came storming on the scene and it broke loose. They got on that does behind and chased her all over the hill while the 130" basically stood by and watched. Then the smaller bucks got close to the 130" and he made one quick step towards them and they busted out of there. They stopped about 50 yards away and stood up on their back feet and started kicking each other in the face. I chuckled and thought stop fighting like girls and go at it like men. Then the doe starts down towards me and the buck is behind her. She stops about 50 yards short and heads into a small patch of trees. He heads down towards the bottom side of the trees and I thought I might have a shot but then off he goes in the trees. They stayed in there for about 10 minutes then she heads out the wrong way and off they go. Shortly after that the big buck I saw in the morning is making his way up from the bottom but light is fading fast. If I am to get a shot off he will have to be under 20 yards. He passed by me at 40 yards broadside but I just didn't have the light. I will be getting back at it on Monday.