HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mock Scrapes - Tips & Tricks to draw deer into your mock scrapes!
Old 11-04-2015, 07:01 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 30-06 deerslayer
I moved a branch from a scrape where there were no trees for a tree stand to where I wanted one. I shot this buck on Nov 2 2010 in Ohio with his nose in the scrape using James Valley Leathal Weapon lure. So it does work.
06 just gave a great tip to anyone who caught it. Using the branch from above an genuine scrape to where you want to make a mock scrape.

Just as a note I made a mock scrape a few weeks ago and took a good wizz in it. The deer did hit it but it didn't seem like they were hitting it regularly. So what do I find a few days ago? I had set a trail cam trying to catch deer moving to or from the mock scrape and there is a real scrape and a nice 8 pointer on video racking the branches above it real good.

One of my nephews will be hunting a stand near there this afternoon when he gets off work. I would love to see him get that buck but the video was a 11pm............

But you never know. This is the time of year things change with buck behavior. Last night about 7:30 I saw a buck that looked to me to be tending a doe as she was eating. Also last night the fog was thick as molasses. It's 10am here and the fog still is lingering.