HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Low Level Light Binos At Dusk
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:34 PM
kidoggy
Banned

1. my first choice would be swarovski.
2-3 -4 leica or ziess or stiener

2. I will only buy 10x50 or 8x 42 anything less will not work well for my needs.and anything bigger I find to bulky to carry. can only guess what others look for so I will not comment further.
3. the way it was explained to me it is the second # you look to for the light gathering. so if you want better light in low light conditions, you would choose the 10x50 over the 8x 42. in bright conditions you would notice very little difference in the two.

4.under $100? it is my belief , none exist. jmho.

$250 to $500 look to leopold(it has been my experience that their customer service is excellent). vortex, and even nikon would also be worth checking out in this price range.
keep in mind the more you spend the happier you will most likely be.

under 1000?zeiss has some good options.

over 1000?once you get up in this range swarovski , for me, is hands down first choice. I have had a pair for 25ish years with no problems , save replacing eyecups twice , wich swarovski did for no charge. customer service is exceptional and I personally will never buy any other brand again.

keep in mind that my experiances with the other brands were 25 plus years ago. but I used to replace my binos every year or two , till I went swarovski. so , they may cost you now, but they are durable. for me they have been worth every penny. this is nothing but my opinion of binos I have tried, so take it with a grain of salt and ask others, also.
5. obviously as already stated first choice swarovski, hands down. would recomend leoupold, zeiss, leica and vortex. I OWNED A PAIR OF EACH AND LIKED THEM ALL O.K.

I would never recomend bushnell or tasco. it is my opinion that you would be as well off to simply drive down the interstate , roll down your window and toss out your money. but hey , that's just me

6.there is much to consider about lens coatings but to be honest, I am not terribly knowledgable when it comes to such things , so I will not comment but would be interested to read the thoughts of others.