HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer vs. Bird Hunting?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

68 yo, been hunting since I was 12 yo. The reason I ask is you seem to have some juvenile romantic ideas about being a hunter. You would be hard pressed to stalk a deer, kill it and butcher it and then set up a camp and eat it even if you owed the land because you must abide by seasons. I detect some kind of romantic idea about being a hunter, those days are 100 years behind us. You think one year of small game hunting will prepare you to be a big game hunter. News flash, it takes years, if not a decade to become a good hunter big game hunter. You don't go from novice to expert in one year. You said you were moving to Scotland and totally ignored the question of is it Scotland GB or some town in the US named Scotland. You would have even less of a chance to go out and pretend to live off the land in Europe than in the US because of the strict hunting and gun laws. I suspect the books you have been reading may have been relevant decades ago but not any longer. I am not trying to dissuade you from hunting but you need to think about doing it in the real world, not in fantasy land. Bird hunting a tourist thing? Really? Try it and see. Man vs nature really? I am not even sure at this point your post and questions are serious or just a joke to pull the chains of those who are willing to help a Novice.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-12-2015 at 03:34 PM.