HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Old Timers don't follow Newbies much
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 10:11 PM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

Maybe I'm a rarity Mercy but I don't think I am. I hog hunt with a group of old farts (granted I'm the oldest but they aint spring chickens either) and each and every one of them follow the same cleaning rituals that I do when it comes to their firearms. "If it left the house clean the damn thing". It's how my old fart pappy and my older fart great grandpappy taught me. And I don't just swab the bore and call it clean. I break it down and clean it all. Whether it was fired or not! Just because YOU live in an area where proper gun maintenance wasn't taught doesn't mean ALL us old farts are the same there youngin Where I grew up, it wasn't like what I have nowadays where I can just go out and get whatever I want. We weren't poor but whatever I had I kept immaculate and in proper working order because I worked hard every morning and afternoon after school taking care of stupid cows to earn the money for my firearms. Only firearm my dad ever got me was a New Win MDL 70. All others I got myself and was raised to keep damn good care of them. Most all the old farts I know and hunt with (and there are many) was raised the same way.