HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is your favorite or craziest "hunting story" ??
Old 06-01-2015, 08:28 AM
IdahoHunt
Spike

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Man I love tales like these. Somebody somewhere should collect stuff like this and put it in a book. I'd buy it.
That's a great idea! I'd buy it also.

I'd have to say that my "craziest" hunting story happened last year with one of the biggest bucks I have even taken.
When I go hunting I put my rifle on my gun rack in my truck. I was driving my truck to a hunting spot then a nasty pot hole snuck up on me and caused my rifle to fall off the gun rack. So when I got to my hunting spot I decided to walk down an old gated road, then there was the biggest buck I personally have seen, facing straight at me about to run, So I take a neck shot. Boom, Down he goes. I walk over to him and as I get about 10 feet from him his head rises with only one antler on his head. I took another shot to finish him off. Then went and looked at him. When my gun fell off of the gun rack in knocked my sighting off. I hit him at the base of his antler, If I had aimed any higher at his neck, he would have been gone. So I learned my lesson, If you drop your rifle always shoot it afterwards.

I ended up taking him to the taxidermist and getting a shoulder mount, still have not got it back yet but I will attach some pictures once I get it back.

Last edited by IdahoHunt; 06-01-2015 at 08:32 AM.