HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 5 Best and Worst Scopes by Price Range for 2015
Old 05-05-2015, 02:21 AM
d80hunter
Nontypical Buck

I will give it a go.

Under $100

I only purchased a Barska which would not hold zero. I remember all the under $100 scopes my father put me through as a kid and none ever stood out.

If I am going to spend under $100 on a sight system I go for peep/ghost ring sights, better than any scope in this category.

$100 - $300

My favorite is the Leupold Rifleman 3-9x40. Absolutely a great scope for the money. I had been mounted on many firearms and I still use it.

When I hunted with a slug gun I purchased many Bushnell Dusk to Dawn 3-9x40 scopes. They worked for the money but I never kept one long term.

$300 - $500

The only scope I have owned for this price is a Nikon Monarch 4-16 BDC SF. To be honest I hated the thing at first. I felt the scope had a black ring in the sight picture that narrowed the FOW. Only after shooting and hunting with it I realized this scope really shined. This scope blows away any other scope so I have owned. The bells and whistles on this scope are what I paid for, and compared to other brands I haven't a clue.