HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - guns for ext AK trip
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 07:10 PM
SILVERTIP-CO
Typical Buck

I knew about the shipping guns to yourself thing, thank you for re-reminding me of it. Also Canada isn't a huge issue as for $75.00 and a piece of their beaurocratic paperwork you can pass if youre clean, or some such thing. I spent some time this eve researching 10mm as a carry gun vs my .44 mag wheelgun, quick response with a high pressure semi auto vs the unadulterated hp of a .44mag. And Ive thought maybe my M92 clone levergun in .44mag stuffed into a MOLLE scabbard might work for my occasional hiking fishing panning jaunts. Another thing I thought of, tho I would miss visiting my great friends in Canada, was to just put my truck camper on the ferry in Seattle and ride up the inside passage. But that adds a good bit to the expense of getting there. I have 24 months to research too many options. I much appreciate the input Ive gotten so far. Please keep it coming as some things I hadn't thought of will surely crop up. I found out last eve I will be retiring 3 months earlier than I had previously planned so that adds more whatifs/whatodo into the mix. The heck of a thing about being retired soon is that I can just do my 'big AKadventure' any way I want and it'll be right.