HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broad head problems
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 10:51 AM
super_hunt54
Nontypical Buck

I've heard several people nowadays trying to say that "steering" is a myth and that properly aligning your Broad Heads to your fletching is not needed. I find it funny when they try to "tote the company line". Most of today's advancements in BH technology is to fight planing. Better aerodynamics with less of a cross section to react to cross wind. In a few of these, that has resulted in much more stability off the string. Less need to align to your fletching. But with many of them you STILL need to align properly or you will end up with poor down range flight. It's simple aerodynamics. You have the blades trying to fly the arrow and the fletching trying to fly the arrow. If not properly aligned, they fight each other and arrow stability is lost. How that has obtained "myth" status I have no idea. It's more along the lines of simple observation. Advanced physics isn't needed to understand the concept yet many out there listen to what the advertisers are trying to shove down their throats to make them believe they have the best flying BH in the world.