HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Spring contest pic and story thread
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 07:45 AM
turkey harvester
Typical Buck

Well it was windy as heck yesterday. When I got there, someone was already sitting there. landowner said nobody was supposed to be in there but he said he had permissiom. I said ok and asked if I was going to mess his hunt up, he said no. He is also a teacher where I work. Didn't hear alot of gobbling but heard a couple but they shut-up pretty quick. Well at 6:40 my other hunter shoots twice. I thought well crap, but was going to stick it out. I jump around a bit, me and wife, trying to strike one up. At 8:00 I peek into a field and I see a hen then I see a strutter. I get my wife into position and call once. At 20 yards just inside the woods a red head appears and I tell her shoot!!! She shoots and its down, so we sit tight and I keep calling. The rest of them left the field so I just deciced to wait it out for a while. I put out a full strut and hen decoy and start calling every 10-15 min. After an hour or so my wife says I see a strutter and some hens. Actually it was 2 gobblers and 2 hens. They fed around about 175 yards away and didn't pay any attention to a call. After a while 1 hen leaves and the other comes up field line twords us. She hits the woods bout 10 feet beside us and leaves. The gobblers look up after pecking around in the field and dont see the hen so they start coming our way. They hit a small dip in the field and when they got to top the seen my decoy. Game on!! 1 comes in looking and the other comes in running twords decoy. Had to wait till they seperated and managed to get him at 10:45. Awesome morning in the woods. Wife was on a streak of not getting one but she cahanged that. Mine was 22.17 lbs, 8 1/2" beard and 3/4 and 7/8 spurs. Wife's was 18 1/2 lbs, 9" beard and 3/4" spurs.
Attached Images