HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 02:26 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

j76......you found a turkey alive and made him dead! That's a successful hunt in my book! Hope you get them youngins on one.

Donny....yes....the linc sucks! Lol!!

Got on my birds today. Sat with one from daylight to 11:45 before screwing the pooch. Last time he answered me was at 10:30 and he was still around 300yds out. He hadn't gained too much ground since fly down, so I decided to give him until 11:30 to talk to me again, or I was going to work. An hour passed and he never made another peep. When I stood up I cut loud just to see if I could get a courtesy gobble before I left, and he nearly blew my hat off! That joker was about 40yds and I melted back down. I got down on my gun and waited......no turkey!? After what seemed like an hour I called again and he had moved out to about 100yds or so. He didn't see me, I just called to dang loud for a bird that close. If I would have set for another minuet Itd be all over but the crying. On the bright side, I got a big ole timber rattler on the way back to the truck. Got him cleaned up and ready to stink up some grease 😆