HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone used a tail fan to walk up on turkeys?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:46 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

I do not have to go back and read it, I read it quite thoroughly the first time. You don't believe it could happen, I know it can. I have seen hunters shot in mistake for game in timber, on the edge of and in open fields. If you want to do it, by all means do so. I posted because of those who may be thinking of doing it, because I believe it is unsafe and have seen enough carnage in turkey and other seasons to have some basis in fact for my belief. You are not always alone on a property, even when you are supposed to be and there is no other species that causes to do stupid things. I have called in hunters when I was supposed to be the only person on a property, and that was using a hen call in spring gobbler season. You never know who is lurking around listening to the same bird as you are working. Not going to turn this into a protracted argument, I said what I had to say and you will do what you want to do. Be safe, I am out of this.