HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reloading Success
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 09:30 AM
MudderChuck
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
What bullet are you currently using MudderChuck? I have found the Hornady Interlock and Interbonds to be very good performers on everything from Moose down to Hog. And they shoot very well out of every rifle I reload for except one picky sucker that will only shoot CoreLocts worth diddly squat. Don't ask me why. I have tried every conceivable formula but it patterns like a shotgun with any other bullet. If the rifle wasn't dear to me (It was my Great Grandpa's last rifle before he passed) I would have wrapped the damn thing around a tree.
I bought a bunch way back when, Speer 150 gr PSPBT. I get a lot of through and through with little expansion. About the same as the Core Loc I sometimes use.

Accuracy isn't a big issue with my rifle, it is way more accurate than I am anyway. But tends to shoot a 165 grain Core Loc the best. I tried to match that bullet as close as possible with my reloads. On a good day I can shoot overlapping holes at two hundred yards. At least until I shoot the rifle hot and then it tends to walk up a little. Got to love those Austrian rifles, Styer makes a good one.

Last edited by MudderChuck; 04-14-2015 at 09:45 AM.