HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hard luck hunts
Thread: Hard luck hunts
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 09:59 AM
buffybr
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by flags
For me it is bushbuck. Never could put it together when it came to bushbuck. I got everything else that I went to Africa for but not a bushbuck. For my father it was warthog. He went there 4 times before he passed but he never got a warthog. Crazy since I stumbled over them all the time.
I'm just the opposite. I was lucky enough to kill a Limpopo bushbuck on my first trip to South Africa, then on my second trip to Africa I got a Chobe bushbuck on the last day of my Zimbabwe hunt, and on my third trip to Africa I got a Cape bushbuck while hunting in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.

However, I didn't kill a warthog until my fourth trip to Africa. I saw plenty of warthogs on every trip, and even saw some monsters, but just couldn't get a good shot.

Here at home a mountain lion and a grizzly bear have been my hard luck hunts. I had tags for both for many years, and have seen both in the woods, but either not while hunting or as for grizzly bears, after they quit selling tags. Those are also very difficult animals for DIY hunts.