HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 2 ~ Team Turknado
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:32 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I went back north quickly after I finished teaching my second hunter education class Saturday night. I am to teach a 3rd course here in Middle Inlet. I always have a bedroom window open even at 10 below. This morning at 6:39 AM I was awoken by the sound of a fly down Gobble - was a nasty morning too. He would not answer me at all as I did cut a bit at him. That surprised me so I left him alone. I have not seen him yet but I should. My neighbor say he is a 12 Incher! LOL
So we will see.
Later on Sunday afternoon after I had finished the workbood handout for this class I took a ride to scout as I am teaching a Learn To Hunt program for the State of WI. Yep Learn to Turkey Hunt! And I found that the big toms are splitting up. I saw mature Toms in pairs or singles all cruising. And I found the hen flocks - large groups yet. One flock was well over 100 birds.....I tried to take a picture but the truck behind me was far too close.

Our mentor hunt is Saturday.....Youth Hunt April 11, 12 - opening is the 15th. I am to help two others on the 15th. My tags don't start until 4/20. Then I hunt every day until May 26. I have 5 WI tags to play with and a Mich tag. And I will get at least 2 more WI tags.

JW