HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hog Hunting the Stuart Ranch in Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Berettaman
Spike

$500.00 Lodging only, there was no food. We were on our own for meals. The lodge was very nice and had everything you would need. Plenty of bedrooms, full kitchen, pool table and lounge area with TV.

I understand this is hunting, not shooting. The biggest issue I had was there was really no effort put forth to increase your odds of getting the opportunity to at least see a pig. We hunted in one man blinds over feeders ranging in distances from 70 to 200 yards between feeder and blind. The feeders (corn) would spin for 4 seconds twice a day. Once in the AM and then again in the PM. I know because I am familiar with that type of feeder and look at one feeders settings. To attract and HOLD game I would think you would run these longer. The feeder at one blind site was empty and by the looks of the ground around it had been so for quite some time. They did attract the deer, which were all staged at the feeder waiting for them to go off. (if you want to shoot a deer there are tons there) It just seemed to me that this ranch was geared more for deer hunting and are offering pig hunts as an way to extend their profits with very little cost/effort on their part.

Someone asked if this was guided or unguided. We had two ranch hands drop us off and pick us up for a morning sit. And then the same for an evening set. They were both very nice and tried the best they could to get us into pigs.

I'm trying not to be a a$$ here, but for the money, I expected more.