HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Urban Coyote Trapping?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 09:49 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
They make some larger Live Traps that You could use to catch the Coyotes and maybe with some donations from Your concerned Neighbors You could afford to buy several to set out?
They also make a very quiet .22 caliber bullet to use in putting down said Coyotes!

A crossbow would help a lot in killing the Coyotes quietly and they are easy to use and if equipped with a scope can reach out a lot further and be very accurate!
I make my own live traps, so I can't really be of a lot of help there, but I've used Hav-a-hart live traps a lot in the past, and they do well. You simply need a larger model than can be found at most farm supply stores (meant for raccoon). They ain't cheap, so that's the downside.

To the point of urban wildlife warfare and archery - at my old house, the neighbors got so used to seeing me walking around with my bow at night that I'd even have neighbors bring back my lost arrows when they found one! Our house was in the center of the block, right along the regular pathways, I took a couple coyotes, lots of skunks, few coons and opossums by sitting on the roof of our garage at night. Crossbow or compound bows are just as range limited, but more effective at killing coyote sized game as your average air rifle, so it's definitely a better choice.

Just be sure it's legal - or at least "overlooked" - in your area before you get the local authorities too worked up!