HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coydog?
Thread: Coydog?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM
Tyme2Hunt
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Black coyotes are not uncommon in PA, as well as red and other colors. The first one I have ever seen killed was a black in 1975. You guys are free to believe whatever you want, I willl believe the researchers and a ver good friend who did the coyote studies in PA, that dog coyote crosses while not impossible are very rare what most people call coydogs are coyote wolf hybreds, lots of DNA to prove it.
I'm an old timer myself. I am not implying that coydogs are an everyday occurence. It happens. Coyotes were my game for half a century. I have hunted and trapped them from Northern MN. to the Arizona desert. I lived, ate and slept coyotes the same as many do the whitetail deer. I surely wish that I had a photo of the coyote/healer cross. It would be impossible to reach any other conclusion. I firmly believe the coyote pictired in this thread is just that, a coyote. For my money, it is no where near 60 pounds either. Block head, narrow head, whatever. We caught a coyote one time that was the longest bodied thing you ever saw. It's head was also very long and narrow, but it was a coyote. Not all humans have the same shaped head either