HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Texas Bowhunting @ Brushy Hill Ranch
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 PM
BowGuide23
Spike

Thumbs up Texas Bowhunting @ Brushy Hill Ranch

Hey fellow hunters I would like to take a moment and tell all of you about my recent experience with Brushy Hill Ranch in Sabinal Texas. First and foremost I have looked for a week online for reviews about this place, but I never found anything good about it online. So I went ahead with the hunt and man I was blown away.
Some army buddies of mine that are bow only guys as well tagged along. We got there at 2 am went to sleep met with owner pete denny, at about 9 am then the hunt was on keep in mind there was 4 of us hunting 4,000 acres. This place is as rugged as Texas gets, we wanted a do it yourself hog hunt and man we got more than we asked for. This place is 80 dollars a day with lodging unlimited hogs and exotics, sounds too good to be true right? We were aloud to night hunt, drive our trucks out there and park instead of walking miles which we ended up doing as well lol. The cabin was very well taken care of with numerous bunk beds to accomadate 15 I think, so us 4 had our own rooms. The first morning right out of the truck we had all kinds of animals infront of us, this is a low fence operation and yet the animals everywhere. We had hogs, axis and some black bucks all within shooting distance on the first day, but bad weather limited us alot. The hogs were in the thickest stuff you could find like anywhere else. They actually stayed about 75-100 yards off the corn route. When they run the corn route at night you better be ready because this place comes alive with animals, I have found my new heaven to hunt for cheap. You guys should check it out maybe we will run into each other sometime down there! I would rate this outfitter 10 out of 10