HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite arrow?
Thread: Favorite arrow?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 07:50 AM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Valentine
Are ones cheap enough to go good with an intermediate bow.
The price matches up.
Not really. A bow and arrows are two different pieces of archery gear. A bow's primary function is to launch an arrow. Without getting technical about itsome bows do this faster than others. Once the arrow leaves the bow the bow is no longer involved. It's just a launch pad.

There are many different brands of shafts and models within those brands. Some are straighter than others, better spine tolerances, etc. Some are basically intended for hunting and some are basically intended for target work, but they are to a large degree interchangeable.

Better quality usually demands a higher price. There are $200 arrows you may never shoot better than $100 arrows simply because most are better quality than we, as humans, can shoot.

I have some of those $200 arrows (ACC's) and I have less expensive arrows (GT). I shoot the GT's just as well. All were bought for target/3D, but I have hunted with them as well.

Gold Tips are universally accepted as good quality arrows and fairly durable. There is another company called Deer Crossing Archery (DCA) that you might look at. Haven't tried them, but they are inexpensive and get good reviews.

I have never liked Carbon Express, first because they were made in Korea, but now because I think they are way over priced and too many marketing gimmicks. They won't do anything any better than Gold Tips which cost about half as much.

Last edited by BGfisher; 02-23-2015 at 07:53 AM.