HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Multi Sportsman
Thread: Multi Sportsman
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2015, 02:15 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have more time now that I am retired but still bow hunt with alum arrows as I bought a couple hundred blanks in the mid 1970's and a fletcher.

Still reload my own shot shells from the stock of lead I bought before retiring. No longer shoot trap, or clays. I also don't hunt grouse like I use to as there is none around this area and is a 3 hour drive to where I used to hunt them.

Still fire arm deer hunt, I did buy a slug gun and I bought slugs which I will reload once I get a few hulls to work with.
Still muzzle loader hunt, buy sabots in bulk 50ct. per bag from MMP and the bullets in bulk 100ct Speer gold dots.

Reload all my own rifle ammo except the 22lr and 22mag,

Hunt coyotes a lot and use the money from them to buy powder, primers and bullets and other stuff. Wanted/needed a sun shade for my swift, things are expensive for what they are. I just made my own.

Bought a nice St Croix Fly rod before I retired and a decent reel I fish a couple rives with it and am careful. tie my own flies using hair & feathers from birds, deer and squirrels I harvest and sell extra.

Custom build spinning and casting rods for people in the winter months.

Keep busy and hunt and fish more than I was able to when working.
Have a 19' starcraft for the great lakes, a 12' starcraft for small inland lakes and a 17'canoe for large rivers and a 15' for small rivers creeks and beaver ponds back in the woods.

Problem is being able to afford fuel to drive to some of the places I used to fish and hunt.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 02-13-2015 at 02:19 AM.