HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 02-11-2015, 10:48 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I haven't followed this thread in a good while, but Cal... isn't the link you posted to a recall that remington has on a different trigger than what this thread is about?

I'm just curious. I own several older 700's....with the walker trigger. Am I mistaken, or wasn't this thread about the walker triggers being recalled? If they are on recall... (as this thread is titled - massive recall) why does Remington not list that on their site?

(sorry if this has been covered, I'm not going back and reading all these posts)
Cal's link has nothing to do with the Walker triggers this thread was started about, so you are correct. The recall in his link is on the newer XMP trigger that is under total recall since it replaced the Walker in many models in 2006/07. The Walkers are not and will not be put under a recall and this was discussed earlier in the thread after Remington advised that the tentative settlement should not be classified as a recall as my thread title shows. This is based on the fact that they have never admitted and will not admit to there being a defect with the Walker designed trigger. If the Judge approves the settlement regarding the Walker triggers being talked about in this thread, it would be up to individuals to learn that they might also qualify. There are a number of ways proposed that Remington would come up with to help the consumers learn of the settlement. The Judge may not approve the settlement based on a number of questions he is asking and comments he has made and if he doesn't approve of the settlement it's right back to square one! IMHO if you have not had your rifles thoroughly checked/cleaned by a competent gunsmith, I would do so before using them again and also think seriously of putting aftermarket triggers in them to replace those Walkers. Then you won't have to worry about whether this settlement is approved and what you may then need to do if yours qualify. Between now and next fall is the perfect time to do that so you don't lose any time in the field if you wait because this decision by the Judge sounds like it may be months away.