HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many different muzzleloaders have you had multiple big game harvests with?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:06 AM
toytruck
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Triple Se7en
Interesting! In going with the traditions I've read on boards like this one, concerning the large volume of White Rifle owners that post their comments here, I have to ask this. Is your grandson large enough physically, shooting a White ML known for big-big (400-500 gr) conical bullet uses...... with big recoil that follows???

Or have the White Rifle ownership community found ways to shoot lighter powder/ bullet combinations in those 1:20s?

What an authoritarian Rifle brand it is / was..... once produced by ML guru Doc White. If there was a Muzzleloader Rifle Hall Of Fame, he would get immediately inducted.
The older grandson is almost as big as me at 15y/o so yes he is, the younger one will have to grow some...if they don't want to hunt with them that's their choice, at least they have that chance to shoot one of the best ML produced. They shot both rifles last summer, both boys hit dead center bulleyes at 50 yds...

The recoil isn't really that bad, either IMO, no more than any TC that I have shot. Glad we can agree on something....

Last edited by toytruck; 02-10-2015 at 09:09 AM.