HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Late Season Finally
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Triple Se7en
Nontypical Buck

We look at it differently.

I have no problem with the state's idea of deer population control. But I have this inside-my-gut thought process to never shoot kids / teens. I know what a kid/teen looks like in the woods. However, I have no idea if that doe in front of those teens is pregnant.

I let two yearlings walk away from the my scope crosshairs this past fall. Not saying you or I are wrong with our opinions..... only that we look at it differently. If I can tell thru my crosshairs that the doe is pregnant, I will not harm it. I may even come back a few hours later and put feed down where I saw it stand.

In our group of three hunters last fall, I was the only one that didn't harvest. One of my partner's harvested two yearlings. I never chastised him, but at the same time, I never shook his hand in congrats.

.... then in a funny kind of way, he asked me what I'm doing wrong out there in the woods.... that I should be harvesting like him. When he said that, I faked-cried and told him I must be a terrible hunter out there.....lol

Last edited by Triple Se7en; 01-28-2015 at 05:36 AM.