HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good quality binos
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 06:28 AM
kidoggy
Banned

Originally Posted by miketodd58
There are some good quality optics out there in that price range.

While I agree that Swarovski makes a great set of binos. I doubt I will ever buy another set at the nearly 2 k price tags. The difference in a $600 Hd Leupold and a 2k Swarovski is marginal and probably only going to serve a true bird watcher well.

The Clarity on the Mckinley's is superb and backed by Leupolds excellent warrany and customer service. I have some cheaper Binos that are darn close to the Mckinley's but for most big game applications the advantages are mainly in eye strain for extreame periods of glassing,
mike makes a good point it really comes down to what and how much you're going to use them for. if you glass a lot in the half light of dusk and dawn ,you will want a pair that draws in and magnifys light well.
you will also see huge difference in binos in first and last light scenarios.these are also the times you tend to see the big boys,so if you're a trophy hunter
( or at least wanting the chance at a big one)it's worth the money . if you plan on spanking down first animal you see, it probly is not

Last edited by kidoggy; 01-22-2015 at 06:32 AM.