HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Completely Befuddled
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Lenahan
Spike

Default Completely Befuddled

Howdy, I'm completely new here, so if this doesn't belong here, mods please take care of this accordingly. Anyways, I have came here about this question because I don't even know what to think about this..

After checking all the pictures on my trail camera, I have came across something I have never seen in 10 years of hunting. Personally I cannot comprehend the rack of this buck, so hopefully someone here can tell me how this has happened.

As you see, this buck's rack is a little... a little strange. On his left side, (your right) it seems like he has developed a split type paddle. On his right, (your left) it looks like there's another paddle developing, but this time splitting off the front.

Here is the same picture zoomed in;

I'm pretty positive there isn't another buck standing behind him to create the illusion this is giving off. Also, there aren't any limbs or ect.. that would make his antlers look like this.

Here's a picture of that same location, just 5 days earlier;

As you can see, there is nothing in the background. The area I live in hasn't been to good for deer. No real nutrition value to help development. Could the lack of nutrition be the cause of this crazy rack? Unfortunately, this has been the first time I've ever seen this deer before, so I haven't seen him in person. Would it be better to bag him if I see him, or let him shed and see how he grows this upcoming year?