HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my first buck with stealth ss
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 06:07 PM
craig
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rafsob
This BH only has 3 blades!!!!!!!!!

Plus the arrow was sticking out of the deers body. This is likely the reason for the damage. I hope you are more alert in the woods!!!

???????

So the shaft alone cut through both hide & ribs to make that huge entry hole? ? Sure.......not so much bro.

Rather I expect that the blades DID open properly, but on impact with large bone deep into the wound, probably the far shoulder/leg, the blades then snaped forward mostly closed. Or when he withdrew the arrow just being draw out through a bunch of meet/hide ect closed them.

I'd also ask if he was making use of the standard Spitfire BH, or the newer made for crossbows Spits. I've tried the standard Spits for compound bows through my own Scorpyd 165 & a few/some open in flight. When that happens you get a sort of Bugs Bunny, Road Runner type flight plan........not good at all.

But I've had no issues firing the Spitfire 1.75" cut 125 gr. crossbow Spitfire Max BH from / through my Scorpyd 165. My bow throws a 452 gr. arrow & BH at 414 fps measured with a crony set 4' in front of my crossbow. I bought 3 packs of those BH & ALL OF THEM work correctly.

Same bow with a 403 gr. target arrow shoots 427 fps.

That huge cut is due to the very sharp angle of the shot taken. One of the blades skimmed along unzipping that spike's side as the arrow entered on a shallow angle.