HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone hunted IMB Outfitters in Missouri?
Old 12-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Black River Killer
Spike

Ok so I hunted with IMB twice this year...I had some success last year in Iowa and I detailed that out above...I hunted in Illinois during the first week of November and I hunted in Mizzou for the first gun season..I think it's only fair that I detail out my experiences and give a review on IMB Outfitters.

Illinois Lodge: Best lodge I've ever been to. 4-5 Star all the way. Lived up to it's billing on the website. Andy does a great job keeping you comfortable and keeping you fed.

My Illinois Hunt: I had a really good hunt but I did not kill. I passed a shooter buck on the first day (130+" 8pt)...really the first hour of the first day. The winds blew 20mph + EVERYDAY I was there. It rained and sleeted during my hunts. I saw Three shooters in Five days, one of which was at 15yds...see above ^^^. The biggest shooter was 145 class 8/9pt (Which is a big buck!). The hunting was tough with the wind. I saw bucks everyday but one and on the day I didn't see a buck the wind was howling over 30mph so I wasn't surprised. There were 12 hunters in camp by my count. Two Killed, Two Wounded, Two Missed and Two like myself did not shoot at shooter bucks that passed within range. So eight opportunities to kill 130 class bucks out of 12 hunters those five days in very tough weather conditions. Guides were great and the properties were awesome. I didn't feel like they were over hunted at all. During the week I was in Illinois the Mizzou lodge killed TWO 190+" bucks! Maybe should have picked Mizzou for bow season. WOW!

Mizzou Lodge: Awesome people, Great place, great food. Very happy with the Mizzou Lodge. I stayed at the Bush Lodge.

Mizzou Hunting: Some of the best I've seen. 26 hunters in Camp...11 Killed on the first day. Including myself...I shot a 168 7/8" 300lb buck. I passed a shooter 8pt before killing the big boy. The woods and properties were awesome...30,000 acres to hunt with IMB in Mizzou...nothing was over hunted from what I could see. At the end of the week 20 bucks out of 26 hunters and EVERYONE had shot opportunities. Some were shot and lost, some missed and some didn't take the shot. My buck was the second largest of the week...a 174" buck was killed on the last day.

Bottom Line: Three hunts in with IMB and I'm batting .666 with over 300"s of bone on my wall... A quality hunting experience for me. I wil be back.

Weather is a HUGE factor in hunting success...your attitude is a HUGE Factor in your success. Go with an open mind and don't think it's a lock...you have to hunt...the deer have to cooperate. It's not a given that you will kill something.

Happy Hunting!

B R K