HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Father/Daughter
Thread: Father/Daughter
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
KyleCulwell
Spike

Default Father/Daughter

It was a rather warm day today in southwest Kansas. I decided to see if my 7 year old girl and my wife wanted to go out hunting with me tonight. My wife said no, but my daughter said yes! She never wants to go out, she always sides with momma.

This was her first hunting outing ever. I was in full leafy wear...she was in her pink coat and light up cowgirl boots. We stalked in (loosley interpreted) to the edge of a brushy creek with an alfalfa field on one side and winter wheat on the other.

Got all settled in (again, loosley interpreted) and started grunting and glassing for deer. I took control of the binoculars and she had the rangefinder, which she thought was the coolest thing in the world! Her code word was "check" every time she saw a deer. The code word was used about 59 times! There was never a deer at the end of her gaze, but I wasn't going to tell her that. She was having a ball!

I have shot some pretty substantial bucks since I started hunting, but no hunt was more rewarding than the one I just got done doing tonight with my daughter. Leaving the field she claimed to have seen 3 deer...by the time we got home the story she told mom was that she had seen 6 deer!

This will be an evening I hold dear forever! I hope she can remember that far back when I am old and grey as well!
Attached Images  

Last edited by KyleCulwell; 11-24-2014 at 05:45 PM.