HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - SE Michigan.
Thread: SE Michigan.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 01:07 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking SE Michigan.

No Yooper deer this year.
Cold 27F with a 20F wind chill just before I went out the door 11-15-14 at 6:50 PM. Made the short walk to my deer blind behind the pole barn. Scared a bunch of deer in the dark, they ran thru the frozen leaves making a racket.
Got up in my blind and settled in . About 7:30 I had a cup of tea and took a Motrin for my throat, felt a cold coming on. I closed the south facing window because the snow was blowing in it. I am watching a bunch of squirrels that are wakening up playing around. I hear leaves making a racket to the south so look and see a deer. I open the window again as the deer disappears behind some brush. Grab binocs and take a look as it comes from behind the brush. It's a buck. Grab the shot gun and stick it out the window, can't see any horns. Turn it up from 1.5 to 4 power and now I see horns a decent rack. Squeeze the trigger, watch the buck spin around in its tracks and fall. It is now 8:15AM I climb out of the blind to go to the deer as Kare calls me on the radio. She tells me there was a shot close to the house it seemed. I tell her it was me who shot. She asked if I wanted her to come take pictures. I say yes and tell her it is a 7 point, 4 on one side and 3 on the other.
She helped after the pictures to drag it to where I could get the lawn tractor and trailer to it. Heavy deer about 190 pounds, Kare said she knew why some deer hunters every year die of heart attacks after helping me drag it.

The blind I stained this summer. The left window is the one I had to close then open.

The deer a 7 point.

[img width=576 height=768]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/twotracker/Hunting%20things/2014Nov15_2353_zps8e579216.jpg[/img]

[img width=576 height=768]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/twotracker/Hunting%20things/2014Nov15_2355_zps7726a572.jpg[/img]

Al