HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tasco Camera
Thread: Tasco Camera
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 06:51 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

I would not recommend purchasing this camera because according to the manual in the link pnut provided, you are limited to a 2GB SD card. These cards are very hard to obtain due to a greater demand for larger cards. A couple of suggestions, look for a camera that accepts up to a 16 GB SD card. I am using 4GB and 8GB which I find large enough. Set for pictures only, these cards will store a large amount of pictures. I have all my cameras set for video. Some brands take a picture first, then the video, while others if set to video, this is all they take. Another suggestion, buy a camera that will accept AA batteries. With these cameras, one is able to use Ultimate Lithium batteries which are excellent in cold weather. These batteries test 1.79 to 1.83 volt when new, using a digital meter. Another good battery is the Duracell Copper Top, which test 1.60 volt. Also a camera that uses AA batteries is smaller and easier to conceal. Putting the larger cameras in a metal box (bear safe) for security purposes, this really enlarges it, making it much easier to spot. Another reason I suggest these higher voltage batteries: the newer cameras start to malfunction at 1.30 to 1.38 volt, not like the older brands that failed at 1.0 to 1.2 volt. Best of luck.