HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My Daughter's 1st Buck
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Kojak248
Spike

Default My Daughter's 1st Buck

Monday evening my 11 year old daughter got her first ever buck. We were set up in my ground blind near my feeder. Earlier we had a nice 8 point come in but he stayed too far out of range. My daughter was pretty bummed and even said that we should go because we weren't going to see anything else. Since I had let her skip school that day to go hunting, I told her that we were staying.

About 30 minutes later this bruiser walked in. I recognized him from pictures on my trail camera and told my daughter that I was going to take him. I had my bow in my hand and was ready to draw back. Then I set it down and told her to take him. Her eyes really lit up. I got her lined up for the shot but the buck had turned. We waited for a couple of minutes during which I had to tell my daughter to take some deep breaths. She was breathing pretty hard and fast. The buck finally presented a shot and I told her to go ahead and shoot. She asked me twice if she should shoot and both times I told her to go ahead. She finally took the shot and had her first buck. Eleven points and rough scored 155.

She went through about every emotion you can imagine; laughing, crying, shaking, she couldn't talk, etc. She was super excited. I'm really happy for her. She even used her grandpa's crossbow.

Enjoy!