HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 PM
iayotehunter
Typical Buck

Had another great hunt just ran out of daylight too quickly! Shooting hours ended at 5:34pm.. Here's how the hunt happened
3:42 had a small fork come in
Around 5:10- I grunted and snort wheezed and a small 2.5 year old came running in. I take my eyes off him then look back where he was and I look through the Binos and think man I missed a lot of his antlers. Then realized it was a different buck. A dandy 8 pt that I believe to be 3.5. they walked on a string straight to the decoy and the 8pt starts snort wheezing at it and then they continue passed.
5:25- the 2.5 year old shows back up but on the inside of the fence and begins posturing at the decoy while the 3.5 year old shows up behind me and continues to snort wheeze.
5:30-Two more bucks fighting to the south west of me. The 2.5 year old goes to check them out but the 8pt stays behind me under 15 yards the entire time.
5:45-the three bucks to the south west come into the standing beans one is the 2.5 year old from before then another 2.5 year old. Then the third I thought was a 140" 4.5 year old from what I could see with it getting too dark.
5:50-the three bucks in front of me continue to the north. 130" 8pt still behind me at 5 yards
6:00- two new bucks fighting to the southwest one looked like a dandy. After the fight one went south the other went north
6:10-2 bucks working scrapes to the south. A doe and a fawn come out into beans one buck follows the other disappears. Buck that followed doe chases a little and then leaves looked like a good buck too.
6:30-finally get the does to exit field. I pick up decoy and begin walking home. Halfway home I decide I need to pull my headlamp out just because I had a weird feeling. I turn it on and am met with eyes coming towards me. It's a buck, I yell and he continues to come I yell again and tap on the decoy and he turns around and trots away. 15 yards later he is there waiting for me again.. I yell and he heads up the hill. I kept seeing him turn around and watch me. Eventually made it home though.

What an awesome hunt!!!