HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 08:06 AM
On_Point
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I cracked a limb on my xbow while drawing it back. Excalibur has one being shipped today. If it gets here by this weekend I should be out in the woods again. Missed a really good 8pt with the smoke pole, hit some scrub oak and sent the sabot on a different path. looked for 2 days and never found any sign of him being hit. Got a camera out there now. The area that really seems to be hoppin right now is a 1/2 mile walk and no place to hang a stand. the switch grass and scrub oak is all 3 to 4 feet high. Trying to find a cheap light weight tripod to carry out there but I just cant get myself to spend the 400$ on a stand to leave on the public land lol. Anyway Wednesday I had them rubbing and fighting all around me before sunrise. It made for a very intense morning. Started to see the first scrapes Saturday. It should be on this next weekend.
Hope your xbow shows up soon & ya get a chance to get after them this weekend. We have a cold front & possible snow flurries moving into the midwest this weekend. Im gonna be after a big one, hope you will too. Good luck brother.