HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Black powder scope!!
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 10:57 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

I personally would get a Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32mm. Its a Nikon for one thing. So the warranty is excellent. The glass is very good. They are easy to adjust. And don't let the 32mm throw you off. They gather light excellent, and the 2x makes a great walking around power, the 5-7x are good for sitting and long distances.

When I went looking for a scope for my White I went to a gunsmith/gun shop owner. I told him money was not the issue but I wanted a tough, high quality, never fail type scope for under $250.00. He kind of laughed and said.... I could sell you an expensive scope but .... he then handed me a Nikon Pro Staff in 2-7x32mm. He explained its excellent clarity, easy to focus, easy to adjust, and tough as nails. He then said... I never get one of them back for a trade in. Everyone that gets them holds on to them.

Well he mounted that for me and was he ever right. In my opinion and I have Leupold, Bushnell, and even better model Nikons... the Pro Staff for the money, around $139.00 new is just hard to beat. I have them on three rifles. I do like my Nikon Omega, my Bushnell Elite, and an old Leupold I have on a center fire. Also I have some cheap scopes that are amazing for the little the costed.