HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Roast & Stew meat
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 11:46 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Better than any cheese steak I ever bought. I chip the meat as thin as I can get it while it is frozen, I use a very thin sharp cleaver but a good meat slicer would be faster. Then saute sliced onions in olive oil in a really big skillet until they are soft. Then pull the onions to the side of the pan and turn the heat up a little and put in the meat and salt and pepper to taste and fry the meat, keep stiring it with a wooden spatula untill it is all cooked, it does not take long. I then ad some tomato sauce that I cooked up earlier and kept warm with a little garlic and onion powder and a pinch of dried oregano added. Just enough to wet the meat, if you like more go ahead and add more, but I don't like it drowning in cause because I like to taste the meat. Than add slices of provelone cheese on top and let it begin to melt, stir the cheese through everything till it is evenely spread throughout and put it in a good roll, add some hot pepper rings and enjoy. I should add I chip the venison earlier in the day and put it in a bowl lined with paper towels and stick it in the fridge. This allows the meat to thaw completely and all the blood will soak into the paper towles and the meat will be drier and fry withot making a lot of juice, you don't want juice, if you start to get it, turn up the heat a little.
Thanks, Always looking for new ideas.

We usually just do roast just like Italian beef or cube it and make a really good vegetable stew/soup.