HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Natural Hunting Skill vs Trail Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 10:49 AM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You won't learn if you don't try? I think TV hunting shows are to blame a lot for how hunting is done today.

Like I said many times. Hunt the way you want to hunt. For some hunters the kill is all that's important, and they'll use any aid available. For others the hunt is more important. It's not the kill, but how you got it that's important. Two different ways of doing it, and we'll never be in agreement.

Example;

One hunter uses a map and compass. Another uses a GPS. Which one is easier to learn? Is there a right, or wrong way in the two choices? Not at all. Would either of the hunters use the other method. Not likely. Would either hunter agree which way is best. Not likely.

So, threads like this will only become arguments. I think we can agree on that.
The problem is the broad brush. I don't use cameras or a GPS but doing so doesn't automatically make one not skilled or lazy.

I could see how trail cameras could almost be a hobby of its own and one could become very skilled at getting photos of giant bucks.

I would agree that TV shows have a lot to do with how hunting is done today.

To me using trail cams, feeders etc. is a lot more honorable than simply paying someone to sit you down in the right place at the right time.