HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Mottz
Nontypical Buck

Those are a couple nice ones!
Just couldn't seal the deal today. Had a doe coming right at me. She got exactly in the shooting lane, was at full draw, had the heartbeat calmed down, but she just would not turn the way I needed her. At the angle she was from me, it would have been a quartering to me and it was just really "iffy". I was close but I wanted the perfect shot. She then turned to the trees and ducked into the cover before an opportunity presented itself. After that all ended, I seen a group of 7 or 8 deer across the field. Grabbed for the binocs and no binocs. They were on top of my truck where I set them while spraying down. 1/2 hour passed and I was in la-la land when I heard a thump behind me that about made me pee a little. Turned around to see a brown object in the corn. And then with a snort and a twist it was gone. Caught just a glimpse of antler. Found some fresh jump and run tracks that were of decent size but since I didn't get a close look at him, I'm going to say it was a small one. Just so I don't beat myself up for messing that one up. I'm just hoping this activity keeps up because when October rolls around, my luck goes downhill