HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x50 DOA 600 blurry after first shot
Old 08-18-2014, 08:44 PM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by PhatFireMan
New here, first time post. Any help much appreciated.

I mounted a brand new Legend Ultra HD 3-9x50mm DOA 600 scope onto a brand new Ruger American 30-06 rifle. Proper torque settings on all the mounting hardware. My second of this model scope, last one was has been a good buy so far. Took the rifle out to the range today...

After bore sighting the rifle on a 100 yard yard target I set the scope to 9-power, adjusted parallax setting to 100 yards, had a clear picture...and fired. The sight picture through the scope immediately became blurred. WTF?

Still looking at the 100 yard target...as I back the power down to 3-power it gradually becomes sharp again, albeit farther away. Or...keeping it at 9-power, if I advance the parallax setting all the way to "infinity" it becomes sharp again.

Did something shift inside the scope when I took that first shot? Basically it still works...but the only parallax setting that will allow a clear picture on 9-power at 100 yards is "infinity". That doesn't seem right at all.

I was actually able to sight the rifle/scope in pretty well, at both 100 yards and 200 yards, using 9-power and infinity parallax settings. Obviously I can just return the scope to the manufacturer...but anybody have any idea what happened...? Just a junk scope...?
Sorry you had that problem, it does sound like the gas seal has broken and the nitrogen has been purged.

Seems to be the repeating story with Bushnell customers. Excellent looking glass with not so great workmanship built around it,

I would return it and have them make it right. When it gets back I would consider trading up for something more dependable.