HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x50 DOA 600 blurry after first shot
Old 08-09-2014, 01:32 PM
PhatFireMan
Spike

Default Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9x50 DOA 600 blurry after first shot

New here, first time post. Any help much appreciated.

I mounted a brand new Legend Ultra HD 3-9x50mm DOA 600 scope onto a brand new Ruger American 30-06 rifle. Proper torque settings on all the mounting hardware. My second of this model scope, last one was has been a good buy so far. Took the rifle out to the range today...

After bore sighting the rifle on a 100 yard yard target I set the scope to 9-power, adjusted parallax setting to 100 yards, had a clear picture...and fired. The sight picture through the scope immediately became blurred. WTF?

Still looking at the 100 yard target...as I back the power down to 3-power it gradually becomes sharp again, albeit farther away. Or...keeping it at 9-power, if I advance the parallax setting all the way to "infinity" it becomes sharp again.

Did something shift inside the scope when I took that first shot? Basically it still works...but the only parallax setting that will allow a clear picture on 9-power at 100 yards is "infinity". That doesn't seem right at all.

I was actually able to sight the rifle/scope in pretty well, at both 100 yards and 200 yards, using 9-power and infinity parallax settings. Obviously I can just return the scope to the manufacturer...but anybody have any idea what happened...? Just a junk scope...?