HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow sight...to change or not to change
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 11:42 AM
cysroost
Spike

Originally Posted by timmyzimmy
KNOW YOUR DISTANCE. And this is the my simple way of dealing with it.

I'm zero'd in at 20 yards, which is good from 0-28 yards. Then I marked the pin post at 35 yards and use it from30-45 yards. To shoot past 60, I'm actually outside the pin guard. Shooting distance is fun but my farthest shot at a animal was last year at 24 yards.

Point being. Now I only give distance a spilt second of thought and only having ONE pin helps this. Then I start thinking bout all the OTHER things that are going on. Shooting now, is just a reaction instead of THE action.
For many years I shot a 5 pin and always contemplated going to a 1 pin but didn't because of "potential" adjustments I would have to make for yardage. What a bonehead reason (ie cop-out) for "me" to use for not trying something new.

I finally made the switch and committed to it. I zero'd at 20 and use it like timmy 0-30 and then I have marked the pin post for 35 and took it one further and left my pin on my 20 spot and then marked the pin housing (big circle around my pin) slightly lower than my 20 using both the pin itself and the hash mark like a x and y axis from math class and "BINGO" no adjustment necessary. Especially since I typically do not take a shot at anything over 40 yrds as a personal rule unless it is a target.