HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Charger review
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 04:10 AM
Big Uncle
Nontypical Buck

Default Hoyt Charger review

I bought a 2014 Charger a little while ago. After shooting a few different models from Matthews, Hoyt, Bowtech, and Bear brands the Charger shot just as well or better than anything else for me. Price was not a big reason for going with the Charger, but it was quite a bit less than the flagship Hoyts and somewhat less than the flagship Matthews. The two that shot the best for me were the Factor and the Charger, and they were very close.

The 2014 Charger has poly limb pockets made from a materiel that reminds me of Glock pistols and a slightly different cam than the early 2013 models.

I decided to skip the kit that comes in the package that is sold with the bow. The drop away rest in the package does not lock down upon firing, and I did not like the sight very well. I put a QAD HDX rest and a better (for me) Fuse 3 pin sight with a light on it.

I shoot it well enough that it was the winner in an informal target shoot (all bullseye targes at 30 yards) last week against some of the top end Matthews and a couple Bowtechs. That was probably just luck on my part but the other fellows that tried the Charger did well with it.

I am certainly no bow expert, and not even a big bowhunter - but I really think this bow is a good one.