HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Western MA Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with that JM... I have been out sporadically the last 2 weeks with very little luck. I have been crazy busy with work and coaching my 2 daughters different softball teams along with my older one's all star team.
we did manage to take a jake Sunday am with both of my daughters with me... That was a first... never have I had them both with me.
This bird and another gobbled very sporadically on roost... never made a peep when they hit the ground... waited with 2 inpatient kids for about half an hour and called everyone once and a while with no answer... trying to tell them we had to be patient to see if they would give away their location so we could adjust the set up from there... also told them that sometimes they come in silent. I thought for sure they were toms based upon the sound of gobbles and the silent treatment.
well about the time I said that I looked over to right and I see a red head coming up over the knob where I least expected them to.
we couldn't tell if a tom or jake at first. When he went behind a big tree we spun the gun to the right and got on him when he stepped out at about 20 yards... Jake... oh well, hunting with a 7 & 9 year old girl and having the poor weather and bad luck we have had this year, we let him have it... the girls had a blast.
16lb 6 oz
3.5" beard
1/4" spurs
" />

Last edited by Western MA Hunter; 05-29-2014 at 07:07 AM.