HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do different cases matter?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 04:02 AM
Ridge Runner
Nontypical Buck

manuals are nothing but guidelines, no 2 chambers even if they are cut with the same reamer runs the exact same pressure with the same loads.
do to liabilities involved max loads today are watered down, mainly due to many many inexperienced loaders not knowing how to determine pressure limits,
look at all the threads you see today, folks asking why their loads do this or do that, when the signs are obvious but they just don't see them or know what they are, you can only learn so much on the net, reading doesn't make experience.
I follow my rifle more than follow a manual. I can assure you brass makes a difference, I've saw some brass destroyed by low pressure fireform loads when others will take much higher pressure in stride. I do not recommend interchanging it. In my experience I would rather shoot 1.5 gr. above max in brass I work the load with then to shoot the max load in brass I haven't worked the load up with. worse thing that can happen is you lose accuracy, with unproven brass you could lose an eye.
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 05-17-2014 at 04:08 AM.