HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what gear do you pack for whitetail deer
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2014, 03:03 AM
alleyyooper
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Since deer camp is a 6 hour drive with no electricity when we get there we pack the truck pretty full.
55 gallon barrel of water for drinking and coffee making. Genset to provide electric along with a 35 gallon drum for gasoline, chain saw to cut fire wood for the wood burner gas oil mix for it and bar oil. 100 pound tank of propane for the cook range and 6, 20 pounders for the changing room (separate from cabin) heater. We dry wet clothes there too. Two big coolers of frozen food we made at home to thaw and warm up at camp, quickie food for lunches. A good size box of home made bread and some can goods. A couple of rifles each ammo also. All our clothing & bedding, Books and magazines to read and a radio for weather reposts. We also pack our gps units and I take my 3G Kindle. A small first aid kit for minor hurts. There is a hospital 28 miles one way from camp and 30 miles the other way for major hurts.

Going afield,
One 2 quart thermos of hot black tea wrapped with 1/4 inch nylon rope and duck tape, two sandwiches, half a dozen granola bars, farmers matches in a wet proof case, small home made bees wax T candles for starting a fire in damp conditions, roll of ace bandages, a couple band aids in a large gallon size freezer bag. Another bag with wet one wipes or baby wipes, a dozen folded paper towels we use as hand wipes after dressing a deer and TP of to clean wounds, talk about radio, and a small zip tie, small ball of twine about 50 feet, folding pruning saw, a small pair of pruning shears and our GPS with extra batteries. small camera, binonocs depending where we are hunting Omit in the thick cedar swamp. We hunt a wilderness area of about 12 square miles with lots of iron ore that messes with a magnetic compass.
Probably have for got some thing cause I don't have my check list handy.

Al