HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3* ~ Red Dawn Raiders
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:40 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey congratulations JM and congratulations to all those I have missed. Probably wondering where the heck I am.....well I have been hunting and hunting very hard. I have little to show for but worn out ole body. The weather has been horrendous.
But I do have one more and I need to get the other pictures loaded. I have 2 weeks left to hunt.
After a long 2 days - 22 lbs 10 0z pulled him back at me from 317 yards away. He entered this field I was sitting. I am glad I moved and I only moved as I was stone cold - the weather is nasty and I am wearing 4 layers and still cold. So I moved my setup to warm up.
Spurs 3/4 and 11/16 beard 9.5. Once I got him turned around it was a slow stroll until he saw the decoys. The wind was high and blowing. It did snow, hail, sleet, least it didn't thunder but then again lightning would have meant warm weather.
For the 1st time I did not get a bird at Fort McCoy nor a season 3 or 4 in zone 1 of WI. And here in zone 5 -man all I have been seeing or get to come in is jakes. I do hunt more than the averge guy so I do pass on them. I am retired! But certainly feelmy age today! Think this might be a run and gun day as it is just above freezing. It is mid month of May isn't it?

Out the door I go.
JW